Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BoyWonder Single!

Post By: Lady A

The Time Out New York Singles Party was this past Monday. 

My mom vetoed my dress, and actually went out and bought me a new one while i was in paperlandia
 (one which not only showed a 'healthy about of decollete but also my back tattoo :)
 paired it with beige fishnets and red round toe pumps i put on my red rouge and headed out.

when i got to the location and saw i had to wait in line,my nerves went b-a-n-a-n-a-s: not a good sign.

walking down into the location was like walking into my worst nightmare. a meat market. did i mention my 'girls were on display? ok it may have not been that bad, but i am getting old and prefer dive bars or coffee shops, or home.

i waited for Lady N to make it in, and made my way over to coat check.  it was a sea of people.instantly i started to hate myself for doing this. i met some kick ass singles who decided to wall flower it with me.

i spent most of my time nursing 'holy waters'- vodka-soda-limes. Chatted with two boys at the end of the bar, chatted with Judah Friedlander, mad cool persona-he was wall flowering it over by the bathrooms. and then i chatted with Sir F. he is another single, and i recognized him as one that Lady M noted seemed cool. 

well in real life Sir F is cool. he had ladies swarming around him. when i got to steal a moment with him, i confessed that i would rather be at home in bed reading my book. he agreed. 

i forced him to stay with me while i drank my last drink(there) and we chatted more, muisca-texas-vida. mad cool-cat.

we left and joined Lady N and Lady B(another single) for more drinks and wings.

trained it home, and like the beautiful disaster that i am i managed to mess my room up in record timing. 

it was not the best experience mainly because it was soo packed and so meat market like.

but meeting Sir F was fabulous.


So with that said: Sir F will be joining us here, and giving us a males perspective. i also hope to pick his brain on what i should and should not be saying to males. i think i tend to say inappropriate things, he may be able to help me with this.

back to painting my toenails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you ;)