Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Fine Art of Blah Blah Blah (blog)

Post By:Sir F

Well what do we have here? A blog for those who have been put on public display and have had the floodgates of strange and unusual e-mails thrust upon us! Ok, maybe not thrust since we willingly (just barely for some) took part in the Time Out New York feature. Wait... I just typed thrust and avoided an easy sexual innuendo. Wait...scratch that. There I go again. Why, hello ladies!

Lame.

OK, moving on...

I'm happy to be contributing to this blog. I met these lovely ladies at the TONY mixer and clicked instantly with them (at least I thought so). These women are awesome and deserve some bitchin' dudes to date them (yes, I talk like this).

So far I've received about 20 e-mails, which blows my mind considering I didn't hide my love for Ghostbusters, Gremlins and mid-90's Winona Ryder. I would say about 80% of the e-mails were pretty wacky. It doesn't surprise me since I put my "geekiness" out there on the table. There might be a fine line between geeky and "geeky", but that line is there. I don't think there's a train that goes to Middle-earth, ya dig? High Five! I'm an ass.

I'm new to this whole online dating thing, but shouldn't it be common knowledge to send a picture with an e-mail? And on top of that, wouldn't you want to find the most flattering or semi-flattering picture of yourself? A friend of mine told me that sending a picture with an e-mail is much like if you were at a bar and someone approached you. As much as you'd like to think you're not shallow, you do size up and know if this person is appealing to you or not and if you want to spend time getting to know that person. It's awkward for all involved if you end up sending a picture later only to not have that person respond back after initial correspondence. It just saves time and hassle. That's really all I have to say on that.

I have my first "date" tomorrow night. More of a meet up. Just a friendly chat. I will post about it on Friday.

Glad to be here. Hope I didn't come off as a giant jerk. I'm only slightly awful (ask my kids I abandoned).

Happy Dating, Friends! Please don't die!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you ;)