Thursday, February 19, 2009

Keep It Cheap?

Post By:Sir F

As it stated in the issue, I am unemployed and very broke. I made enough money last week from selling a bunch of my DVDs (it broke my heart to sell a lot of those DVDs) to get me by a little but I spent too much on Monday night at the mixer so now funds are almost gone and I only have about 2 days of work coming up next week (and the money I will not see for 2 weeks after that which will probably be $150 at most).

So my question is this, ladies...
When is a cheap date too cheap?

People always say there's fun stuff you can do for Free, but we all know that alcohol eventually comes into play and there's never just one drink.

I've had dates before where they would insist on paying for the date, but I could definitely feel that hesitation and the feeling of "I shouldn't have to be doing this". It makes me feel terrible and I HATE doing that. I become annoyingly apologetic and the whole time I keep thinking, "You're a creep! Wash dishes or work fast food if you're this bad off, ya jerk"! And then my date is left wondering why I'm muttering to myself and occasionally punching myself viciously in the stomach.

Have you ladies ever had a good cheap date? When does it start to become annoying when the guy just doesn't have the cash to throw around? Does this beard make me look stupid? Who wants ice cream?!

Keep it real, boo

1 comment:

  1. I understand where you're getting at seeing that I am also unemployed and very broke as well. Luckily we live in NYC where there are unlimited amount of free thangs to do. I've had a few good cheap dates. If you're into the arts you can go to a museum or an art opening where they have free wine and grub. There are also plenty of lounges and free shows you can check out as well. Or you can hang out at home watch some dvds and cook some concauction out of whatever ingredients you happen to have in your fridge. The best dates I've ever had were all under 20 bucks.

    ReplyDelete

I see you ;)