Friday, February 27, 2009

Erasing PastaBoy

Post By:Lady A

PastaBoy:
Plans for 12:30.
Location secured.
I arrive at 12:23.
I leave at 1:06.

I sent him a text to say that I have arrived and if i should secure a table.
No reply.
No text/call.

I get a table, thinking he may just be late and what not, no biggie-order a cappachino.

I text the dating-is-stupid support group.
"wait a bit longer he may be in the train" (he works walking distance)
"shit! call him!" (i did-and refused to call more than once)

I pulled out laptop and continued working on some "real" writing. (10 more minutes-tops)

when it reached 1:03pm, I put my things away and got up and walked out.
 
the waiter couldn't even say anything to me, just a small "awww-poor you-smile"
i was not visibly upset.
no, Lady A could NOT lose her temper twice in one week.
Saturday was enough.

I had ordered a coffee which was "on the house"- yay a free coffee. is that the silver lining?

If it had been the secret I would be worried something happened to him. knowing he has a shit phone and knowing that he would have manners.

but this was a first date.
a guy who asked me out. 

i went through the list of things that may have occurred:
a)he got cold feet (hello its just date 1,i just wanted pasta, not to marry you!!)

b)he passed by and realized that he "just is not that into me"
 (again-do you even know how to say my name properly??JUST MET)

c)he was asked to join the Ghost Busters and protect the Island from an invasion of slimy
    ghost!(Sir F can we have a marathon of ghosts??)

d)he was so excited to see me, he fell hit his head and is laying in a coma at some UES hospital

or 

e) he is an asshole

the correct answer is E.

he called me hours later, I was working already: he apologized over and over again. he was held up in a meeting, he didn't have my number on him blah blah blah

I was calm, did not say much.

he asked me out again, "i will come to Astoria-i will make it up to you"

umm hello, NO! 

"I am sorry we weren't able to meet, but i cant see you. the very least you could have excused yourself phoned the restaurant and left me a message. THAT i would have understood."

*click-dial tone.

i don't think i even said goodbye.

actually the conversation was quick and swift and i am still trying to block it out, so the details are fuzzy.

i received a few text and a voicemail i have yet to hear.

i really wish i could say this was the first time i was stood up, but sadly it is not. 

i think that is also why i flipped out so much last sabado. being stood up sucks.

*le sigh.

RIP PastaBoy. i wish you had joined GhostBusters instead, :(


5 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of your explanations, but like I said before he's an asshole for NOT showing up. He's obviously lying about the # thing because he called you right before you left. He got cold feet, and a lot of us are guilty of that. Nerves can get the best of us..the MOZ knows what I'm talking about...

    "Shyness is nice and
    Shyness can stop you
    From doing all the things in life
    You'd like to"

    Personally, I would give him a second chance only because he's meeting up with you in Astoria.

    Second, I've never had a good experience with meeting guys on the train. Usually creeps giving me a death stare. And if he's a cute guy then he just looks but then goes back to reading his book. The type that goes on craigslist and posts a missed connection ad that same day. Bummer. Cute guys need to stop being shy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That's awful. He could at least have been a gentleman and phoned in, but instead he had you waiting for such a long time for nothing. tsk tsk tsk...shame on him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sounds like the fucker got cold feet. At least be man enough to send a text.

    I'm sorry to hear that. Damn. I thought this was going to be awesome. I mean, the dude had balls to ask you out at the subway station. If he had the courage to do that, he should've had the courage to show up or call.

    I'm with Lady M. Personally, I would give a second chance. Hell, I gave a second chance to the girl who put me in the ER. But that's just me. I understand the frustration though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap dude...what did she do? Wait, maybe I shouldn't ask ..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll tell you at brunch. IF it's still happening. What say you, Lady A?

    ReplyDelete

I see you ;)