Thursday, February 19, 2009

First date: Who pays?

Post By:Lady N

That's so ironic that "F" just posted a blog about cheap dates because before going on my blind date the other night I was worried that I would be totally into my date but that at the end of the night he wouldn't insist on picking up the tab which is a total turn-off and potential deal breaker.

Before you get your panties in a bunch over this let me just post a disclaimer that 1) I am not a gold digger and 2) I am not the type of girl who thinks the guy should always pay. I have always been very independent and can take care of myself. I think that when you've been dating someone you can always say, "You got it last time, let me pick up this one," or, "Wanna just split it?" But, the first date is very different. It's just more about the gesture and gives a girl a bit of a sneak peak of the type of person you are.

Update: He did pick up the tab by the way.

He also never called.

"F," your situation is a bit different as you put on your profile that you're unemployed and have less monthly income than the fake designer purse vendor on the corner. Any girl who has written to you should be under the assumption that you're not taking them to Le Bernadin or paying. Perhaps they're even potential sugar mamas who just want to take care of you while lounge around in your briefs all day trying to design that time machine of yours. Some women just want to nurture and save poor souls. : ) I've had plenty on fun cheap dates, though for some reason I can't recall any of them.

You can always go middle school style and invite her over to your place to watch movies. Wait, you sold your DVDs.

BYOB and M?

1 comment:

  1. Here's the thing...If the guy is taking you out on a FIRST DATE, he should pay. Why would you not? The dates I spoke of who payed for me were like 4th or 5th dates. Dates that were down the line.

    It's just common knowledge and courtesy that if it's a first date, you (the guy) pays. ESPECIALLY if you were the one asking the girl out.

    As for the DVD thing, I always worry about asking them to come over to my place for a first date.

    I'm sure I can come up with some good cheap alternatives somehow.

    And if any of them are suga mamas, then I will gladly accept with open arms. I have been out of money's good graces for long enough. Not that it means everything, I just like being able to pay bills.

    ReplyDelete

I see you ;)