Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BE ON YOUR GUARD IN YOUR LATE 20s

Post By:Lady A

I am assuming that in response to this:
FaceBook status: Lady A wants to move to Portland and Drag Lady C with her. 
HF:portland????

PC:portland?? why Portland?

Lady A:they have a large art community, foodie/organic/local farmer community, its by water and mountains, and its a city.

me and the sis are trying to figure out where we would want to raise mini's as well (well she most likely will pop some out)

its a local/small town mentality in a large city.

:) that and we are Gypsies and cant settle down in one spot.
...That Lady M sent me this
please read the link.I will wait and then we can continue with my lil rant. 
Ok your done?lets continue shall we, fabulous.

Now, I am not saying I am 100% on the kid thing, it seems the older I get the more realistic I am on bringing in children into this world. but I would like to have the choice, and not be dried up.

over on Domestic & Single I have been complaining about the 30'something year olds I have been encountering in the last two years who really act what I expect 22 year olds act like. 

its not a good sign when you date guys in their late 30's and they say
 "yeah i am just hanging out, not looking for anything serious"

I agree you shouldn't "look" for anything, BUT you should be open to the idea of it.
I do not want to hear from another guy after a few months of courtship
 "I want to see what else is out there but I would still like to see you"

umm no, you can NOT have your cake and eat it too!

the article is soo true, NYC is such a hard place to date. well thats a lie, if I wanted to date, I am pretty sure I could have a different date for every meal 7 days a week. it just means I would be dating guys who:
~i am not attracted to
~i will break their hearts before the check arrives
~i can walk all over
~do not challenge me
~bore me

yeah I know, high and mighty on myself. but it is true.

I have a dirty lil secret whom I have started to fall for and I have to pull away from. he has been a secret because I did not want my friends to yell at me. and after reading the article, I realized I am wasting time.

also is it wrong if I think a man in his 30's should be living on his own? and not at home with his 'rents? I heard this on a sorta-kinda-first-encounter/date and let me tell you I wanted to call it a night right then and there; any attraction I had for him went out the window.

the guy who told me this said it was a culture thing. thing is I do not see that as an acceptable justification seeing that I am latina and independent (for the most part).
 I posed the question to some female friends and their first reactions were:
 "Is he caring for his parents?- NO? than yeah thats no good!"

I wonder how the dating scene is in Portland, thing is, I suck at dating. I am better at relationships. 

one confused and frustrated Lady A!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you ;)