Monday, February 2, 2009

Hi, I'm Single.

Post By:Lady N

Perhaps it’s a bit fitting that I begin my first post today.

Today, I got dumped. This could quite possibly be for the 100th time in my dating career. I’m OK though. I’m not calling former flings, crying to my girlfriends, burning things, or drinking myself into a That Girl incarnate. I’m just having one glass. It softens the pain of the wounded ego.

To be honest, I saw this break-up coming. We were no longer connecting, we were too busy for each other, and I really couldn’t afford another plane ticket. (We were long distance). He asked me to move to Seattle with him and at first I was excited of the idea of a brand new city. But as time went by I began to second guess my decision to move, as well as my relationship. It was J or the City. Who did I love more?

I began to resent J for trying to take me away from here. I started to question if he was The One. In the beginning, it was so refreshing to date such Guy’s Guy, a nice change from the self-absorbed metrosexual men I was used to. J was strong and chivalrous and I felt completely taken care of when I was with him. But eventually something was lacking. Our conversations fell flat. We didn’t have inside jokes. And if we were to be together I would have to rule out my dreams of a Manhattan luxury apartment completely.

I chose New York. Well, he beat me to the punch , but still, in the end, I love New York more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you ;)