Friday, February 20, 2009

Broke Guys Vs. Cheap Guys

Post By: Lady A

When it comes to money and dating I get very uncomfy with the notion of a guy “showering’ me with $ (wow that just sounded like I am stripping and he is going to make it rain ;) 

I don’t need an over the top date at a fancy spot.
If you ask me out, yeah I sorta expect you to pay. BUT follow up date I may suggest something and therefore my treat. If your old school and also somehow you actually are doing ok in this economy and INSIST on paying-well you will get baked goods from me.

 I also don’t want to spend hundreds (nor want you to spend hundreds) on getting to know each other.Its like *boom date 5 and we realize “eh I am just not that into you” and you see you have spent all this money.

So if your taking notes: Lady A hates wasting time & money

If I know you’re flat broke, I don’t push going out or anything of the sort. I am the type of girl who will cook meals for you so you can have a home cooked meal not consisting of ramen. I dont want money to be an issue on getting to know each other.

Now for another BUT

If you get back on your feet and you go out with friends and spend money, I will safely assume I have become food&booty for you, and thus you get cut off from both. So like Ms.Erykah Badu sings..."You better call Tyrone" 
being cheap differs from being broke. and being cheap and selfish....WORSE!

Again I am not saying you have to spend a ton of dough on me, but think about it this way; that vodka/vino/coffee you drank-those meals you ate at my place- someone paid for all that. Not including the time and effort in prepping those meals. That someone is me. I am mad broke as well, but damn skippy if I like you I will split toast with you and make sure you have more butter on your side.

I have dated that cheapskates who thinks “ that Lady A, she is a nice girl-she will always be around” as they throw back drinks being out with friends.

Well guess what buddies, Lady A has this new confidence that is fierce, and the days of me waiting at home for you to take me out-no mas. Go ahead-go out and spend money frivolous But don’t expect to get any more meals/booty from me. I do too much for others to begin with; I am not going to waste my energy on you!

*Steps off high horse

Best cheap dates:
Picnics in central park
Picnics at home (trust me this was fun)
Gallery hopping (and coordinate it right and there is free wine)
Game nights (with friends)
Coffee talk and travel scrabble
Catch at a park (also a fav-pre picnic)
Making dinner together/baking together
Being tourist and exploring neighborhoods with a camera (its cheesy-but do a lil
Research before heading out and it will impress your date)
Socrates Sculpture Park in Astoria
 Bring it old school. Color together and make all kid foods(Pb&j, macNcheese, grilled cheese)

there is like a ton more stuff I bet in warmer months. For now this is the list I can come up with while I wait for my nails to dry.

My personal:
I do love a good dance night & thank goodness cover for Goth is cheap (5w/out flyer 3 with), throw in pregamming at home and a flask in my purse (ghetto but needed)

As long as you give me one night out at Goth every 3 months I promise to rock your world later when we get home ;) nothing turns me on more than dancing on the dance floor slightly tipsy w/ my eyes closed. ☺ And bonus: you get to see me in corsets, and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you ;)