Thursday, February 19, 2009

Online Dating

Post By:Lady M

So as you all Lady N, Lady A, and Sir F were all involved in the nyc singles edition of Time Out NY. I wasn't a part of it but Lady A has suggested that I email some dudes. I'm not sure what to think about the whole online dating scene. I did meet someone online three years ago and it was the ONLY time I had ever done such a thing. At the time I was in college and I did it because I was bored. I'm anxiously awaiting to hear how my fellow blogger's dates will turn out.

Sometimes I randomly search through craigslist personals just for kicks but I've never answered one. As a search word I always use PUNK just to limit the search responses and they're usually the most entertaining of the bunch. I'll use this Valentine's
day ad as an example of something I would respond to. Although the "muffy-kins" part was full of cheese, I still thought it deserved a chance:

Being a single guy I'd like to take part in, and make light of, this uber romantic holiday! I''m slightly bored and beginning to get a little cabin fever. You feeling the same? I say we go for drinks tonight and be over the top (and almost comically) romantic everywhere! Make out in inappropriate places, call each other "muffy-kins" . It'll be so fun it's gross! Let's use every cliche in the book and make ourselves laugh.

I'm a cute indie-rock kinda guy. Tattooed, but not over the top. Funny, clever and fun. Let's mix our senses of humor and have fun tonight.. Maybe a Williamsburg or Greenpoint dive bar, listen to old punk, drink PBR's and make everyone jealous!

pic for pic, let's chat


I told Lady A the other day that my cut off age is 35 when it comes to dudes. Seeing that I'm going to be 25 in 2 months, I figured that 10 years was an okay enough age gap to date. Maybe I should just keep my options open not not strictly stick to a specific # On the other hand my parents have told me that I should date guys around my age so that I don't end up having to carry them around in a walker :X




No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you ;)