Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lady A's Last Meal...

Post By: Lady A

I have cheated. when asked by my suitors how i would answer the question i changed it each time depending my mood. only certain things changed. so with that this is the one down and true answer:

Location: Namiquipa, Chihuahua, Mexico- Abuela Lupe's home, the courtyard (when it was all still there) i would love a crisp summer/fall day.

Time: (yes time) it would start at 1pm-9am following morning 
(btw everyone has been so morbid about reflecting and what not. somehow i just assumed it would be a huge party and i would just go home make love to my husband have him hold me and i would just never wake up-poor him he will need therapy and need to be a strong man!)

Who: Moo,Cio,PapaFrita & both sides of the family (plenty of alcohol will have to be around)
My friends, true friends, my plus one and any minis we would have created together.

Setting: long wooden tables and chairs in "el patio" candles everywhere in mason jars, fresh wild flower cut on every table, at least 4 bottles on each table at all times, Vino Tinto, Vino Verdhe y una Tequila-muy fina. (Cio-pet would choose the wines, and my Tio's the tequila)

I would want Music constantly, starting with a serenata brought to me by my husband as my 'mocos bring me cafe de la olla and a pan dulce and watch the marachis from the balcony of Tia Tere's home. 

Music at the feast of St.Lali :) would be a mash up of everything i love, but during the meal i would like tangos/flamenco and old school mexican marachi songs.  all live

ok now the feast, in no real order:

fresh tortillas-corn & flour
fresh crema
chicken hearts and gizzards in a tomato sauce
steak (med-rare for me)
tamales-all flavors made by Tia Malena
mole-all flavors
veggies of all forms how ever my tias would want to prep them
a lamb and pig roasted
arroz primavera
arroz mexicano
frijoles rancheros (made by moo)
roasted corn
roasted green onions
avocados
parilla de carne made by Abuelito Ernesto
salsas de todo
enchiladas
taquitos
flautas
 (ok this list is not even 1/2 way done-but all Mexican treats made by my family)

dessert-cio would have to make some apple crisp thingy, preserved peaches and apricots and sweet lil rolls. chocolate mint cake from moo, fresh ice cream from dad-vanilla and pistachio flavors. crepes with bananas and nutella, something decadent from NeighborBride.

ok and for the hangover everyone will have-menudo

i would sneak off at times with my husband to make love down by the river, in the woods, basically anywhere we wont get caught, but at 4 am when everyone is soo piss drunk- i would check on my mini's kiss them good night and know that their father and their Tia Cio will care for them always. My husband and i would retreat to a small house where the room will be filled with candles and the bed nice and big so we can make love one last time. and before i head off to sleep sip on crema de membrillo and feed each other fruits in between kisses. 


i have put way too much thought into this, and am way too sappy right now (not even on the rag!) 

i just love food so much!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you ;)