Monday, March 2, 2009

"I am so not SOHO House"

Post By:Lady A
sign from the toliet @ SoHo House

Time:7pm

Location: The SoHo House

Date: MovieProducerDude

I get to what i *think my be the location, and the only inkling i have of it being there is the snotty look i get from a girl sitting behind a desk that i spot while i peer in.

just as i was about to text him, i see a tall guy with glasses walking towards me.
thinking back on it, i think he gestured two tumbs up. hmmm

anyways, we go in, and while we ride the elevator up, he admits he had not been here in a few months, and he thought it would be a good people watching. that put me at ease-"ok he is not one of THEM"

he choose a spot where i could take in the full experince. a waitress promplty came over, he gestured for me to order "Holy Water please" (ok i said vodka-soda-lime) and he ordered a GingerAle.

he let me drink my drink ALONE! i mean we agreed to drinks. and he gets a ginger ale. *ugh.

he jumped into asking me why i was in the issue. how were my other responses. what sort of pictures i got (seriously dude-can we talk about ummm food or something) i answered politely  and short, just wanting to get off the topic. 

the rest of the conversation went well. a few silences, which i hate, but by the third silence i had my own inner monolouge on full blast.

"could i see myself with him? would he like simple food? would i resent him
later? i wish i was in my lounge pants. i wonder if my friends would like him. could i pitch him a movie idea? gees i wish i had a burger-med-rare. i wish i was still at "brunch" with the kiddos, next time i should do a theme-maybe all sweets. damn i wasted this dress on the first date, is it too short?i think he may be bored"

when we left (2.5hours later) we walked to the E, he-twds bklyn me-twds Queens. we had that whole could see each other across the platform bit. i opted to put on my ipod,reach for my book and thank goodness my train was there asap.my book got good, so i lost myself in it.

well-he was not that bored- we have been in contact this week. i just felt no spark. but he is funny.


the money part is an issue. i mean i am ramen he is high end sushi. can a relationship work with such extremes? would our friends mix well? champagne cocktails vs. 40oz.?

i agreed to see him one more time. i am hoping we can do something very low key-cheap so i can be relaxed.

so can i go and pitch him ideas? no? yes? i still have no clue what he does exactly....what is a producer??!! also he keeps mentioning my garters. i really wish he didnt. i mean-he didnt even try to kiss me!!

ugh. i give up on TONY. 






1 comment:

  1. "we had that whole could see each other across the platform bit." Haha I love that. I think this happened to me on the N train platform after a date and we raced each other down the platform and back till our trains came.

    Anyway, he seems like one of those "nice guys"

    champagne cocktails vs. 40oz.? It could work. I mean I wouldn't know personally but if you guys click he'll make the effort to enjoy whatever you're into.. this goes the same with friends.

    What guy doesn't like garters HELOOOO haha.

    ReplyDelete

I see you ;)